Vivaldi: The Four Seasons
Telemann: Grillen-Symphonie (“Crickets”)
Telemann: Concerto in A Major, “Die Relinge” (“Tree Frogs”)
Geminiani: The Enchanted Forest
Elizabeth Blumenstock, Tatiana Chulochnikova, Noah Strick, & Rachell Ellen Wong, violins
Sandra Miller, flauto traverso piccolo
Thomas Carroll, chalumeau
Debra Nagy, oboe
Steven Lehning & Daniel Turkos, contrabasses
American Bach Soloists
Jeffrey Thomas, conductor
Throughout the centuries, composers have been fascinated by the deep-rooted relationship between Nature and Music. Music can imitate the sounds of nature, and the voices of nature have played a prominent role in music that we love, from madrigals to Mahler. Telemann’s music about tree frogs and crickets leads us to Geminiani’s fascinating depiction of an enchanted forest. And perhaps the most dramatic portrayal of all is Vivaldi’s Four Seasons, which will feature four virtuoso violinists taking on the colors and climates of Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter.
SAVE 15% BY PURCHASING ALL FIVE MAIN TICKETED EVENTS
Buy at least one ticket to each of the following five ABS Festival productions and receive 15% off each complete set.
1. 'Tis Natures Voice - Sunday July 28 at 4:00 p.m.
2. Treasures from Lyon - Friday August 2 at 8:00 p.m.
3. Les Goûts Réunis - Saturday August 3 at 7:00 p.m.
4. Bach Mass in B Minor - Sunday August 4 OR August 11 at 4:00 p.m.
5. Handel Terpsicore & Lotti Mass - Wednesday August 8 OR Thursday August 9 at 8:00 p.m.